Wake Forest University
School of Medicine
Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
“Wake Forest University School of Medicine directs the education of nearly 1,900 students and fellows, including physicians, basic scientists and allied clinical professionals. The school of medicine also strategically investigates opportunities that will expand basic and clinical research, resulting in nationally and internationally recognized excellence in biomedical research.” (https://school.wakehealth.edu/)
The ChallengeIn 2022, the Wake Forest University School of Medicine reached out to AllofE in search of a streamlined, systematic way to manage and generate the Medical Student Performance Evaluation Letter (MSPE).
The SolutionWake Forest implemented the eCurriculum, eKeeper, and MSPE Generator application modules in eMedley.
- Noteworthy Characteristics – Students are able to enter their own Noteworthy Characteristics for review and inclusion in the MSPE.
- Pre-Loaded Default Text – Wake Forest can manage default text components and then customize each MSPE to the student.
- Pre-Clinical Courses – Pre-Clinical course performance is included in the MSPE.
- Clinical Clerkships – Clinical clerkship dates, grades, and comments are imported in and managed for inclusion in the MSPE.
- Graphs – Graphs are automatically generated and updated as clerkship grades are entered and updated.
- Customized Template – Letter template customized with Wake Forest letter head and signature.
- Data Imports – Student, clerkship, course, schedule data easily imported into eMedley to be included in the MSPE.