Washburn provides broadly-based liberal arts and professional education through more than 190 certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and juris doctor programs through the College of Arts and Sciences and the Schools of Law, Business, Nursing and Applied Studies. Ninety-seven percent of the faculty hold a doctorate or the highest degree available in their discipline.
With their tremendous growth and potential to continue to expand, Washburn University has decided to partner with AllofE Solutions to implement an advanced solution. ContentM is a Content Management system to provide them with the ability to easily and fully control their web site content.
“A Content Management system to provide them with the ability to easily and fully control their web site content.”
- Allows an organization to manage multiple sites from one centralized interface.
- Includes a Rich Text Editor for easy content formatting and updating with no technical or html knowledge.
- Provides “edit in place” content management through a user intuitive interface.
- Automatically generates the menu, pages, site map, and search information as content is added and updated.
- Allows school districts to manage individual school sites, teacher and classroom portals and more.
- Manages separate home pages for classes, faculty, and staff.
- Gives teachers an easy to use web site builder that integrates their site with the district and school’s site.
- Features advanced security that lets you restrict site administrative access.
- Provides a global search and replace to make site wide updates more efficient.
- Allows you to spell check your entire site at the click of a button.
- Simplifies changing the overall look and feel through a stylesheet and template editor.
- Connects menu items to pages, other Web sites, documents, collections.
- Helps users create tables and insert images and links into pages.
- Creates menu structures with infinite sub menu levels.
- Ensures that links and images across your site are working through a link validator tool.
The new site offered personalized content portals for future students and parents, alumni and friends, and visitors and community. ContentM provided the university with the ability to easily manage up to date and accurate site content. It dynamically displayed calendar events on their home page, managed menu structures and page content through a user friendly rich text editor interface, and automatically generated site maps and site searches. With the completely user-friendly functionality of ContentM, very little training was required. Within a day the administration was able to begin using the site and enter users and new site content. And all content could be previewed prior to ever appearing on the site which helped to ensure accuracy. Washburn was able to host and manage their own web-site with the most user friendly functionality for site wide spell checking, link validation, and search and replace tools to make the process quick and simple. Web-site management had never been easier and more reliable.