Nevada, Missouri School District
The Nevada R-V School District is comprised of six schools within the city of Nevada, MO, and consists of approximately 2500 students. The District has a wonderful tradition of high student achievement and strong community support. The District will proudly continue the mission of “being committed to excellence and guiding students to their highest potential.”
Nevada R-V School District in Missouri is working with AllofE Solutions to bring their curriculum online after their recent decision to implement AllofE’s curriculum management and mapping system, eCurriculum. Having searched extensively for the right web based curriculum management product that would fit their needs, the district found eCurriculum. The web based application meets the specific requirements of the district and the state of Missouri both in terms of curriculum management and mapping functionality. The factors taken into account in their decision making were the flexibility, usability and cost effectiveness of the system. The district wanted to ensure that the selected system included all of the Missouri GLE’s, as well as other state-specific curriculum requirements.
“A system that maps course curriculum to national, state, and district level standards and benchmarks as well as helps to identify repetition and gaps in the district’s education process.”
- Provides comprehensive functionality for tracking and managing state standards, benchmarks, and indicators.
- Ties course curriculum to a state’s standards that are preloaded into the system such as Missouri’s Show Me Goals, Knowledge Frameworks and Grade Level Expectations.
- Manages course scope and sequence.
- Tracks student mastery of course objectives and goals.
- Provides the capability to automatically generate course guides to be published online, along with a dynamic web site based on the curriculum to share with parents and the community.
- Creates templates for the generated course guides and web site that match the district’s existing web site design.
- Generates curriculum maps and course guides in a document format that they can print and/or publish.
- Uploads lesson plans and attaches documents for each curriculum map objective.
- Tracks gaps and repetition in instruction.
- Provides links to Bloom’s Taxonomy.
- Customizes curriculum formats to individual schools or districts.
The system is currently in the implementation process. The district’s high school level technical education school will be the first of their schools to go live with the new system. By bringing their curriculum information online, AllofE hopes to help the district make their curriculum management processes more efficient, providing comprehensive functionality to ensure standards compliance and effective decision making in a user-friendly environment. The district’s administrators and technical team have been extremely responsive and helpful during the implementation process. AllofE looks forward to facilitating the continued growth and development of a progressive school district.