Lansing School District
“Lansing USD #469 is located in northeast Kansas bordering the Missouri River Valley. The district is approximately 49 square miles and is bounded to the north by the City of Leavenworth and to the east by the Missouri River. The remainder of the school district is comprised of farm land and new housing subdivisions in Leavenworth County.” The district faculty consists of 127 teachers, “with over 50 of them holding advanced degrees.” The Lansing Unified School District is comprised of five buildings located on two campuses. There is a K-2 school, Grade 3 building, Grade 4-5 building, a middle school comprised of grades 6-8, and a high school for students in grades 9-12. A new elementary school building is under construction and will house grades K-5. It is expected to open fall 2008.
Many schools districts in Kansas have created curriculum management and mapping guidelines as a result of the No Child Left Behind Act. To help enforce these guidelines, the Lansing School District has chosen to implement a web-based system that will provide an advanced solution to its district’s curriculum management processes. The system will be able to track the alignment of Kansas state curriculum standards to classroom instruction. Lansing chose AllofE’s eCurriculum for the implementation of their online curriculum management solution. The expanded curriculum mapping application will revolutionize the district’s existing processes, putting them at the forefront of cutting-edge education technology. Lansing will be able to tie its curriculum to specific evaluation factors, such as objectives and assessment questions, which will later be used to gauge the curriculum’s effectiveness.
In addition to eCurriculum Lansing School District also selected AllofE to assist them in the processes of creating and administering on-line forms and surveys to students, faculty and staff. With AllofE’s FormXen, Lansing School District will be able to assess student’s financial needs and administer aid to them accordingly.
Like Lansing School District, many school districts have begun to recognize the need for implementing a web-based system to help post job applications online and manage and track the hiring process. Allofe’s Applicant Tracking, is a system that provides a convenient way to post jobs on their web site to allow applicants to apply online as well as gives administrators a user friendly tool for tracking and processing results.
“A system that maps course curriculum to national, state, and district level standards and benchmarks as well as helps to identify repetition and gaps in the district’s education process.”
- Provided a comprehensive functionality for tracking and managing state standards, benchmarks, and indicators.
- Tied course curriculum to a state’s standards that were preloaded into the system such as Kansas’ Goals, Knowledge Frameworks, and Grade Level Expectations.
- Managed course scope and sequence.
- Tracked student mastery of course objectives and goals.
- Provided the capability to automatically generate course guides to be published online, along with a dynamic web site based on the curriculum to share with parents and the community.
- Created templates for the generated course guides and web site that matched the district’s existing web site design.
- Generated curriculum maps and course guides in a document format that they could print and/or publish.
- Uploaded lesson plans and attached documents for each curriculum map objective.
- Tracked gaps and repetition in instruction.
- Provided links to Bloom’s Taxonomy.
- Customized curriculum formats to individual schools or districts.
Lansing School District’s new curriculum management system provided them with a customized solution to manage their curriculum and share it with students, parents and the community. Educators at Lansing Schools were able to use the system immediately because of how precisely the system replicated their original paper-based processes. The system was customized to meet specific needs of end users and has been welcomed by district teachers. With this curriculum mapping program, the district was able to define the guidelines of classroom instruction. It came preloaded with the school’s state standards, thus it allowed teachers to create curriculum maps and align units to one or more standards, benchmarks and indicators. It provided teachers with a guide knowing what to teach, when to teach it and how to conduct activities and assessments. The system delivered real time curriculum guidelines and course information to teachers, and provided them with a road map to successful classroom instruction.
FormXen is your solution for creating web based forms and surveys. From generating research and feedback to tracking information requests and event sign-ups, FormXen provides you with a user friendly tool to develop, publish, and post online forms and surveys. Once you have published your forms, the application does the rest by tracking and summarizing responses and results as well as generating customized reports and exporting data.
FormXen allows you to:
- Collect information for unlimited purposes.
- Get feedback quickly and easily.
- Use data results to tailor business in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
- Tabulate and organize results.
- Generate canned and ad-hoc reports.
- Attach forms to websites, intranets and emails.
- Configure results to be emailed to you.
- Create unlimited questions.
- Select question types such as check boxes, fill in the blank, etc.
- Require answers to questions.
- Ensure that response data is formatted correctly such as phone numbers and dates.
With AllofE’s FormXen Lansing School District was now able to create and administer on-line surveys and forms district-wide. Using FormXen, Lansing developed an automated process of generating an endless number of on-line forms and surveys to be accessed universally by district employees, faculty, staff, students and student parents as applicable through a simple Web browser. This helped Lansing cut costs associated with administering surveys and created a more efficient overall process.
“A web based Job Application Management system that provides a convenient way to post jobs on your web site to allow applicants to apply online as well as gives administrators a user friendly tool for tracking and processing results.”
- Provided a user-friendly tool to post jobs directly to a district’s web site.
- Allowed prospective district employees to fill out and submit a job application form online.
- Allowed administrators to log in and view the applications received, and then provided them with options for downloading and managing the applications.
- Gave applicants a way to upload a resume, cover letter, and other relevant documents to submit with their application.
- Customized to display online versions of the district’s former paper application forms.
- Contained the ability to filter and search applications using several different criteria.
- Provided client-specific forms which contained all information specified by the client, and conformed to any other requirements they had.
- Allowed the client to search their applicants based on the position or positions the applicant expressed interest in.
- Included security that was customized according to the client’s needs.
With the new online applicant tracking system, the Lansing School District was able to quickly and easily check for responses to their online application forms without any previous computer knowledge. Applicants were able to log on with their own ID and password and see the applications available to them, and easily fill out and submit the applications online. The system automatically stored each application and allowed administrators to search, export, and manage the applications. Applicant Tracking provided the district with an online job application system that completely transformed their virtual job application process.